System Firmware v2.50 for PlayStation 4 (aka “Yukimura”) has officially been released.
We still don’t have DLNA or the ability to play video from a USB drive, but we did get the following features:
- The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
- You can now back up data stored on a PS4 system to a USB mass storage device and also restore backup data. You can adjust this setting in(Settings) > [Back Up and Restore].
- [Accessibility] has been added to(Settings). You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.
- You can now upload video clips to Dailymotion™.
- PS4 system software can now be installed automatically. You can adjust this setting in(Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads].
- You can now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.
- [Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.
- You can now search the Internet for details about trophies from the options menu in [Trophies].
- Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically. You can view saved screenshots in(Capture Gallery).
- You can now share trophy details and screenshots. Select the trophy you want to share details about in [Trophy], and then press the SHARE button.
- You can now test the host’s connection speed when starting Share Play.
- You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].
- Users who are your Facebook® friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].
- You can now send real-name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.
- You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].
- You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.
- You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
- You can now upgrade a sub account to a master account.
- [Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].
You can download the update directly from your PS4, but here are the download links just in case: